Wednesday, December 8, 2010

my American dream


eversince my childhood
I have known Uncle Sam
he's from the RICH western country
that isn't so warm
'thought then that there,
everywhere there was snow
and that the United States was
the only country where apples grow




as a child I was told
it's the land of milk and honey
where jobs are nice
that give people lots of money
the people are lovely,
with golden heads of hair
believe me when I see one,
I can't help but stare


blue eyes, I tell you,
they look like blue crystal
their skin, white and creamy,
just like alabaster
the men are handsome,
dashing debonaires, so tall
the women are pretty,
as pretty as a doll




they speak the king's language,
they speak with authority
they sing with the same voice,
so lovely and pretty
my young heart was smitten,
I said, "one day, I will be...
among these lovely people
when I cross the big sea"


but my dream died an early death,
it was nipped at the bud
the given name I was christened with,
registered wrong, that was sad
someone said my misspelled name,
won't get me a passport, too bad
my young mind believed,
instantly killed the American dream I had.


years went by so quickly,
my American dream was replaced
in my own country,
I'll create my niche and rightful place
I stopped dreaming the dream,
for it, I had no time and space
'started feeling patriotic,
an American dream is a disgrace.


little did I know that
later in life things will change
human life, as we all know,
sometimes takes a turn that's strange
ahhh mid-life crisis
my life changed its course
a life-changing event,
turned out to be a blessing, not a curse


My American dream is back,
but not so much for the money
neither for the opportunity
to live in a snowy country
a brave shot at happiness,
with the love of my life
A tall order I know,
but without hope, what is life?



























No comments: