Tuesday, November 2, 2010

in the palm of my hand


ever since I can remember,
when you were young and age was tender;
I wanted to keep you safe and sound,
right here in the palm of my hand.

as a baby your moods were different,
you cry a lot, like a torrent;
even when others could not stand,
i hush your cries in the palm of my hand.

i saw you through being a toddler,
that same temperament like no other;
when times are bad and you feel deserted,
in the palm of my hand you are comforted.

the years you added did not do much change,
if at all, you have started acting more strange;
irate, impatient, in school almost always absent,
in the palm of my hand, i had wished you'd be content.

your tantrums started getting more serious,
to go to school, you don't want to, with lots of excuse;
the fear in my heart grew more, I could sense danger,
in the palm of my hand, you could be comforted no longer.

soon you will be older and will set out on your own,
I wonder, did I help you "grow up" at all?
I want to be there for you as much as I can,
in good times and in bad times, in the palm of my hand.

No comments: